Unite has partnered with The Skills Network to offer a wide range of additional distance learning courses via our learning environment at www.learnwithunite.org. These are available at no cost, are a great additional development resource and only take between
8–16 weeks to complete.
All of these courses are accredited by NCFE/CACHE and are provided through government funding. Funding is subject to the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or older on 31st August 2016
- You must live (and work if applicable) within England and Scotland
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years or longer
- You may only enrol on one course at a time.
The courses available include:
- Information, Advice or Guidance
- Counselling Skills
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Principles of Customer Service
- Equality and Diversity
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
All course information can be found here where you can apply.
These courses are delivered via distance learning methods, either online or using paper-based learning materials. You will be supported throughout your learning journey by a dedicated learner support advisor and subject specialist tutor. On successful completion of your course, you will have achieved a Level 2 accredited qualification.